- Pathfinder

Reply To: Have you been exposed to harmful antisemitic tropes about Jewish control over finances or foreign policy? After participating in this course, how would you go about responding to these tropes if you encounter them?

Participant

I’ve definitely heard many people on the right, including too many Christians, say that Jewish people hold too much control over the financial sector as well as foreign policy. I think that, having gone through this Philos course, I would now choose to highlight to them the way that American Jews are actually very divided on most every issue. It is not possible for a single Jewish lobby to be controlling the United States and moving the nation in a direction more favorable to Jewish people because there is so much disagreement among Jewish people about what the United States should even be doing. It’s so myopic to think that American Jews are all united on any single issue because in reality, while there are many conservative Jews that are highly religious and supportive of the state of Israel, there are also many highly progressive Jews that are not particularly religious and tend to be very critical of the state of Israel.