- Pathfinder

Reply To: Are there elements of ancient and/or modern Near Eastern Christianity that are present in your own church/faith life? If so, what are they? If not, would you be open to implementing any?

Participant

The element of seeing, touching, smelling – the whole body being involved in the beauty of the place we worship. In the West, we listen to Sermons and are to apply the lessons we have heard to our lives as we exit the Church. But with the elements of having all of the senses involved would be a unique way to remember that wherever we go, each of our senses are involved. Personally, I love the smell of incense in the Church and I wish there was more burned to create the Holy Atmosphere that God resides in the Church. Yes, I would be open to implementing the experience of the body being immersed in the Church. A tangible way to carry your physical body “outside” of Church in a Christ-like manner, to have the Church with you, in you, and through you. Just as Jesus carried the Church with Him, it would be a great way in the West to do the same