- Pathfinder

Reply To: In the first lecture, Dr. McDermott teaches that the Bible is one story, and that God upholds his covenant with the Jewish people to this very day. Was this what you were taught growing up? If not, how will this insight change the way you read the bible going forward?

Participant

William, it is great to hear that you always believed God’s covenant with the Jewish people existed while being apart of different groups of faith. I wonder how you came to know that! Since I came to faith, I have understood that there was something unique about the Jewish people. I worked at a Jewish private school when I first came to faith and God grew in me a burden for the Jewish people! I discovered Romans 11 and the yearning of the apostle Paul for the salvation of his countrymen. I’m learning more about how as a gentile I’m grafted into Israel. I desire to be taught more about this at services or Bible studies, but I haven’t heard of this being taught in my congregation. It would be great to hear more pastors speak about what being part of the commonwealth of Israel means.