- Pathfinder

Reply To: How can you work to combat antisemitism and supersessionism in your own Christian community?

Participant

I believe to combat antisemitism and supersessionism in my community, education, dialogue, and dedicated prayer and bible study are essential. Antisemitism is currently rampant in Western society after October 7th and it is extremely concerning. However, what stirs my heart more is the antisemitism that is within the church which stems from supersessionist theologies. It breaks my heart to see Christians who have the very word of God not honour and love God’s chosen nation! Unbelievers can appeal to ignorance, but Christians cannot. Educating myself, like taking this course is necessary in order for me to help educate others in my Christian community. As an elementary Christian teacher, I also want to incorporate the Hebraic roots of the faith in my teaching. I believe dialogue about Israel needs to take place among believers. Lastly, humble prayer and bible study in community, I believe would lead to more Christians understanding God’s love for Israel and our duty as Christians to arouse our Jewish brethren to jealousy over their God!