- Pathfinder

Reply To: Analyze one of the supplementary Bible passages in light of the course content. Do you see evidence of the Hebraic map? Did anything about the passage surprise you? Was there any part of the passage that stuck out to you in particular?

Lainie Nozicka
Participant

During lesson 3, particularly when the professor was discussing the idea of the physical coming Kingdom of God that will be established in Jerusalem and how that was the emphasis of the early Church and of Jews in general, this really stood out to me and made me think about the truth of this statement for a while. As I was pondering this and reading through the supplementary Bible passages for that lesson, I think that one of the passages that stands out to me regarding an example of the Hebraic map is Isaiah 60, which talks about the coming of Gods Kingdom and will happen when the time comes for Him to establish His final reign. In relation to the Hebraic map, this passage talks a lot about God’s people can expect to happen when God finally comes to bring restoration to creation, which I think further demonstrates the idea of looking at history in a linear rather than cyclical way, with a definite mark which will signify the end of our fallen world and instead mark the beginning of God’s Kingdom on earth. Something that stood out to me was in Isaiah 60:22 where it is written, “…I am Yahweh; I will accomplish it quickly in its time.” I think that this is a good reminder to us that when it comes down to it, everything is in God’s timing and when He sees that it is the right time for something, then He will act quickly and make it happen.