- Pathfinder

Reply To: After completing this course, do you agree with the statement, “Hebraic Thought is the greatest intellectual tradition in the history of humanity.” Why or why not?

Slade Czaja
Participant

Hello Harrison,
I appreciate you answer to this question. The Bible was given by Inspiration by God. It is the true and authoritative Word of God. As 2 Tim 3:16-17 says, it “is useful for instruction, for conviction, for correction, and for training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be complete, fully equipped for every good work.” The Bible gives instruction to every aspect of our lives so that we might be “fully equipped for every good work.” I also believe it is important to understand the Bible as God’s story of redemption through the person of Christ. All Scripture, Old and New testaments are one consistent story.
I also appreciate you comment about understanding the authors intent. Some people interpret scripture by saying, “What does this mean to me”, rather than first understanding what it meant to the original audience. The Scriptures do apply to us, but they do so in a way that is consistent to the original meaning.