- Pathfinder

Reply To: What are 3 tangible ways that you can personally improve your relationships with Christians from other traditions?

Alie Brand
Participant

Firstly, it is important to understand that the Christian population of the Near East has dwindled significantly over the past 100 years – and that it is very important to protect Near Eastern Christians, and recognize how fundamental their presence is in the Near East. Always keep an attitude of learning and humility.

Secondly, understand other people’s history. Read, listen (ask), watch (video’s/films), and appreciate the faith/faith traditions of Christians, and other communities in die Near-East. Attend worship services of another person’s denomination. Work with other Christian communities on specific projects focusing on shared values. Be a lifelong learner!

Lastly, as a teacher I can make a real difference in NE people’s lives in their schools. There have been institutions of learning in the NE for many centuries, incl. excellent Christian institutions that serve populations of all faith backgrounds in the region. In this way I can also share my faith in a non-combative way, and had a wonderful understanding of the nuance necessary when interacting with other faiths.