- Pathfinder

Reply To: Have you been exposed to harmful antisemitic tropes about Jewish control over finances or foreign policy? After participating in this course, how would you go about responding to these tropes if you encounter them?

Participant

When making pro-Israel content on Tik Tok, I often come across anti-Israel and antisemitic tropes in my comments. Thankfully, I actually read Walter Reed’s “Arc of a Covenant” after hearing him speak on a War on the Rocks forum at the Texas National Security Institute. I probably would have been guilty of believing these tropes as well, as many Americans are, because we just don’t do a good job of teaching the truth in classrooms today. What’s even funnier is if the Jews did have some sort of control over finances and foreign policy and the media, they could have probably achieved some of their greatest foreign policy objectives in the 2010s, namely preventing the US from signing the JCPOA with Iran, or preventing Al Jazeera from publishing lies about the conflict. However, I fear these tropes are rooted so deep that it will take a long time to change public opinion and teach people the truth.