- Pathfinder

Reply To: Have you ever been told that supporting Israel prevents you from supporting Palestinians? After taking this course, how would you go about responding to false accusations like this?

Participant

No I’ve never been told that but i felt it was implied that their aims are mutually exclusive or one can exist the other cant. I would respond by after taking the course that both parties feel tied to that area and it would be unfair to deprive either of it given both parties long history with the Near East. I would also say that to deny Palestinian’s land is to deny their rights and cause a larger crisis, by making people homeless. Also from a humanitarian perspective it is wrong to move people from land that is their home in the only place they know as home. All people know what’s it is like to be without a place and be foreign though maybe not to the same extent and denying the Palestinian their right to land is in my opinion against the bible where it says not to opress the stranger/foreigner and not acknowledging their rights or providing humanitarian assistance isn’t right.