- Pathfinder

Reply To: What is one tangible way that you plan to exhibit Hebraic leadership in your own neighborhood after taking this course?

Miranda McCasland
Participant

After taking this course, it’s become more obvious to me how important tangible, incarnated leadership is to being/living into being a Hebraic leader. I find that it is really easy to think about being this type of leader, but more challenging to actually practice this leadership.

In my own neighborhood (especially within my role in full-time, church ministry) I think the most applicable way I will be applying what I’ve learned about Hebraic leadership is placing a higher focus on the Kingdom as end-game and actually talking about it in that way, especially as we head into another election season. I’ve found that it’s very easy in church-land to mix religion and politics and forget that politics is a tool, but it is not the end-goal of following the ways of Jesus, nor is it part of the promises God has. Simply changing my tone in conversations about politics and taking some of the pressure away from it as “a savior” is a way that I can influence those I work with and am in community with when the temperature around politics/election season seems to get hot. Being calm in the face of collective anxiety—knowing that the Kingdom of Jesus is coming—feels a bit countercultural and like a tangible way to lead those around me.