- Pathfinder

Reply To: What are 3 tangible ways that you can personally improve your relationships with Christians from other traditions?

James Dean
Participant

Hi Ana,
I too am Roman Catholic and sometimes I come across those who will not hear me because of what they have been told to believe. Sometimes I refer to scripture or tradition and or council as to why something is a part of our faith. But other times I will take them to Jewish websites to show them that what we do is coming from ancient Judaism, we didn’t just make it up. For example, Purgatory is Jewish not just Catholic. Mother Rachels tomb is visited by Jews still to this day for her prayers were heard by God for the intercession of her children, Israel, to return to the land quoted in Jeremiah 31. She had long been dead. Many Jews hold also Sarah and Rebecca as their matriarchs to. Teaching their intercessions and merits (Tzadik or righteous one) help them in their journey. They (Jews) are interconnected to each other through God and are one family in Him through the merits of the righteous fathers and mothers before them and now all of us through the merits of Christ.