- Pathfinder

Reply To: What are 3 tangible ways that you can personally improve your relationships with Christians from other traditions?

James Dean
Participant

First, knowing the other’s history and listening to their stories. History can tell us the why versus our assuming. And listening can clarify any misconceptions. Second, learning about their traditions can help increase and grow our own faith. Most of the theological traditions came out of the Near East so delving into further studies even through the knowledge of councils can help to better understand why these traditions are what they are. Having relationships encourages the love of neighbor versus Christians condemning one another. Even if I disagree with a particular denomination or they disagree with me, we, by our journey towards Christ and the Holy Spirit, can learn truth of a matter in time. My views have changed and grown into better understanding over time and so can my brothers. A particular tradition or denomination doing something illicitly wrong and in violation of God’s love and law is one thing (essential), but trying to figure out how many angels can dance on the head of a pin is another (non-essential).