- Pathfinder

Reply To: What is one tangible way that you plan to exhibit Hebraic leadership in your own neighborhood after taking this course?

Katie Lain
Participant

I enjoyed the last session which felt the most practical and less theoretical to me, “HOW THE HEBRAIC MAP HELPS ONE ENGAGE IN A COMPLICATED PLACE LIKE THE NEAR EAST.” While theory and understanding the historical and cultural background of the Near East is vital, I feel like most Christians stay in that theoretical realm and never apply those lessons which is why Lesson 4 felt like it had the most tangible ways to exhibit this type of leadership. My neighbor is anyone who is in my sphere and, whom I cross paths with so I plan to start engaging more with questions rather than assumptions. Not to say I barge right into new friendships with assumptions but I think we all naturally have some biases this course was helpful in understanding that we are not just simply engaging with the present but also the past. Learning to respect our differences, the plurality but not negating that there is one ultimate truth. I want to start being more intentional, leaning more into a Hebraic map view and less Hellenic or Barbaic which if not cautious I believe even Christians can find themselves here. I live in a city that has a high population of refugees from the Near East and I want to be more intentional and “Hebraic” with how I lead through those conversations!