- Pathfinder

Reply To: What are some of the issues with which we, as Christians, can find common ground with Muslims? How can we engage and unite on those issues?

Benjamin Wearp
Participant

One thing I respect about Muslim majority countries is their intolerance for the postmodern nonsense that has infected Europe and the United States. Christians, with a biblical worldview, can respect Muslims who uphold values founded in the Bible.

Something I found interesting in this course is learning about times when Muslims and Jews, or even Muslims and Christians, coexisted well and banded together against threats to their way of life. We both have a book—the “Word of God”—that defines how believers are to live. And there’s a lot of overlap between our foundational principles.

Engaging with Muslims can help amplify voices of peace and goodwill, and expose those whose end is violence. Promoting dialogue and education seems like a good start to me. We can’t get anywhere if we don’t at least have a basic understanding of the aspirations and needs of Muslim communities in the US.