- Pathfinder

Reply To: Have you ever been told that supporting Israel prevents you from supporting Palestinians? After taking this course, how would you go about responding to false accusations like this?

Anna Selzer
Participant

I haven’t specifically encountered this argument in my own life; however, I have heard such sentiments expressed generally. My response to this argument would be that support for Israel means wanting a free state in which the Jewish people have a right to live. This same idea is true for Palestinians. Every culture and people group has a right to remain in their own homeland. With an issue as polarizing as Israeli-Palestinian conflict, it is easy for people on either side of the argument to assume that their viewpoint negates the opposing. When carefully considered and discussed with facts in mind and emotions aside, it is simpler to see Israelis and Palestinians as human beings, rather than people on either side of a political issue. This issue is often seen as black and white, but this is not the case.