- Pathfinder

Reply To: Have you been exposed to harmful antisemitic tropes about Jewish control over finances or foreign policy? After participating in this course, how would you go about responding to these tropes if you encounter them?

Sean Moore
Participant

At this point, I think everyone has been exposed, at some point or time, to the tropes of the secret Jewish conspiracy that controls finances and the media. It is crazy that even after an event like the Holocaust, people still push these crazy conspiracies. It actually goes to show you that there is, in my opinion, some supernatural hate for Jews that has spanned thousands of years. More proof God exists.

Anyway, the best way to dispute these claims is to point out the Jewish people are a far smaller group then the English, German, Irish, etc. If you want to look at different ethnic groups, Asian families are the most successful families in America. Also, I always remind people that the Jews have been hated for thousands of year, in whatever country they are in. When you point that out, most realize that they are not being rational when it comes to the amount of power one small group of people could have.