- Pathfinder

Reply To: What is one tangible way that you plan to exhibit Hebraic leadership in your own neighborhood after taking this course?

Miriam Cavanaugh
Participant

I consider my family as my first neighbours that I have the duty and the pleasure to minister to. As a mother, it is indispensable to be a leader to my son, to teach him to seek first and foremost God and his kingdom and to exercise a virtuous life. One way to do this is to be leading by a good example, to take responsibility, to show him what patience, love and self-control mean. Like a stone is forming waves when it is thrown in water, my life is pulsating out of my own relationship with God and my engagement in my family. This vibrant center thus results in my active involvement in my catholic parish, where I recently founded a group of married couples to create fellowship and meaningful input and conversation. I also am part of the music ministry to help to evangelise the world through the beauty of songs. An even broader engagement that has been on my heart for a while is teaching German or English to refugees from Arabic-speaking countries who seek to learn the language of their new country. Having invested a many years and a good amount of work in a university degree of Arabic I feel now more than ever enabled to welcome and teach Arabic-speakers in their own language.