- Pathfinder

Reply To: Did any of the similarities or differences between Christian and Jewish theology surprise you? If so, which/why?

Jamila White
Participant

Katelyn,

I also traveled to Israel through Passages Israel! Israel definitely has a way of making one diving deeper into Scripture. I love what your Jewish peer stated. True biblical Christian faith, and not groups of people such as the Crusaders, misusing the Scripture, truly offers great hope. I would say that the biggest day-to-day difference I have notice, is relying on the grace, mercy, and strength of Christ through the Holy Spirit. There is true freedom. We are now able to work from love rather than working for God’s love. I do find the principle of respecting God’s consecration of time, such as the Sabbath, to be important lessons to learn. Sometimes when life gets busy, I do find it difficult to make Jesus Lord of my time. In a fast-food society, it is so difficult to rest consistently. I do admire how everything slowed down and stopped during the Sabbath while I was in Israel. It was one of the most peaceful evenings I have ever had. All in all, I try to find similarities and display true love to my Jewish brothers and sisters. In this, I have found true relationships emerging, even if we do not agree on every theological topic.

Jamila