- Pathfinder

Reply To: Did any of the similarities or differences between Christian and Jewish theology surprise you? If so, which/why?

Jamila White
Participant

The similarities and differences between Christian and Jewish theology did not surprise me, because I had knowledge since college of both theologies. In my junior year of college, I took a Philosophy of Religion course, which covered the major world religions. Studying the Bible and interacting with Jewish people here in America and Israel gave me a much deeper and real life understanding of the similarities and differences. It is important to note that both groups should not be treated as a monolith. When I was in Israel in June, I found so many differences among Jews concerning theology and the Christian faith. I learned the importance of real dialogue and answering questions out of sincere curiosity. I have recently come across quite a few Messianic Jews, which bring an interesting dynamic. I see more similarities than differences. I do find that Jews and Christians have an unique relationship than any other group of people.

Jamila