- Pathfinder

Reply To: Why is it important for Christians to keep the sad history of Christian antisemitism in mind when responding to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict in the present?

Audra Jones
Participant

Hi Marina,

Thank you so much for such an honest and reflective post. From your elucidation of your first-hand experience, I can tell that you have seen the importance of knowing Christian antisemitism history in relation to the Israeli and Palestinian conflict. This history is not taught as much as it should be, especially in schools. However, I can say that there seems and is a societal shift among Christians’ views of Jews, especially in the US. The US appears to be one of the few countries to noticeably care about the Jewish people through their emphasis and support of Jewish cultural museums and centers. While this country and others should better their delivery of Jewish and Christian antisemitism history, I think there is always hope that as long as there are projects like the Pathfinder course that Christians and the irreligious will learn from past persecution of people groups.

Thank you again,
Audra Jones