- Pathfinder

Reply To: Have you ever been told that supporting Israel prevents you from supporting Palestinians? After taking this course, how would you go about responding to false accusations like this?

Jamila White
Participant

Carrie,

I have encountered both Jews and Palestinians that want to move forward in forgiveness, but do not how to do so. Both people groups asked for us to pray for them continuously. I began to wonder if Christians really are praying for them. This stirred initiative up in my heart. Not a day goes by that I do not think about the Jewish people and the Palestinians. Intercession and building genuine relationships with both groups is needed. There are many that are hungry for it, but will any believers take the initiative? It does require sacrifice of time and resources, but it is rewarding. Both groups have expressed longing for true hope, true peace, and true joy. As Christians, we are to display the love of God to people. We are to display the peace that surpasses all understanding, which will be noticeable and spark curiosity. I believe that many people mistake having love for both groups for having full support with no acknowledgement of wrongdoing. The analogy I think of is a parent who loves their children. The parent will not agree with every decision their children make and will correct their children in love, however, they will still supply their children with the basic fundamental needs: love, respect for their being, and provision. Yes , indeed you are correct when you stated hatred in response to hatred is not the answer. Many Christians know that we are to love the person and hate the evil, but many do not know how to effectively execute this. I am so grateful the Lord has been teaching me this as I have many Jewish, Palestinian, and Arab people in my life.

Jamila