- Pathfinder

Reply To: Have you ever been told that supporting Israel prevents you from supporting Palestinians? After taking this course, how would you go about responding to false accusations like this?

Christian Brehmer
Participant

Yes, often by individuals that have never been to the land. Ultimately, a two-state is necessary as there appears to be no other viable option that has peace for both sides. Often, the individuals that passionately decry against two states have never been to the land and lead with a zeal of ignorance that reminds me of Proverbs 18:2 (ESV): “A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.” In contrast, as Christians (that want to make a positive impact), we have to have a sound understanding before expressing our opinions. I am grateful that Philos Project gives opportunities to understand the conflict through various programs, including Pathfinder.
I strongly agree with point 7. We need Christians committed to real friendships to impact people on both sides of the conflict. The best learning experiences I have had on the conflict have been through opportunities because of Philos Project, which allows authentic conversations to happen, allowing me to have a paradigm shift in understanding the conflict.