- Pathfinder

Reply To: What is one tangible way that you plan to exhibit Hebraic leadership in your own neighborhood after taking this course?

Sean Moore
Participant

In my current job, I am an administrator in education. While I use to hate the idea of the bureaucracy when I was younger, I now find myself as a small part in that larger cog. I can control in small ways who gets scholarships, which professors get promoted, and what types of employers we have visit the college. The last chapter of pathfinder was my favorite, as I have always wondered what does the Bible find to be ethical when it comes to biblical use of pollical power. So, how can I apply this lesson. There were several takeaways from my reading of Abraham. He is fair, conciliatory, but also firm when he needs to be with Lot. He compromised, even though he had the larger family and could have taken it with the sword. This is a practice that I need more of in my life, but also something America could learn from. Too many times in modern America, we hear that we “cannot compromise” with Americans who are different then us. It is a lesson we have forgotten, and if we continue to never give any ground it could lead to terrible results.