- Pathfinder

Reply To: Have you ever consciously or subconsciously used your faith to examine foreign policy? Was it harmful or helpful? Please elaborate.

Ariel Fierro
Participant

Romans 13:1 states, “Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God.”

There is a reason why God has placed those in authority around the world. When it comes to foreign policy, I have

As a child, I have been taught to obey those in authority and the rules that are in place. As I got older, I understood more about certain authoritative figures having evil intentions and certain policies that have been in place. That said, I began diving deeper into the Bible to comprehend why history contained bad results. Romans 13:1 assisted me in understanding why history is the way it is and determining my stances on present and futuristic issues. Coming into foreign policy, using my faith, consciously and subconsciously, to examine foreign policy has always been helpful. One will say it is harmful In the sense that it clouds one’s judgment, but it helps set a precedent of how things should flow.