- Pathfinder

Reply To: After taking this course, in your own words, please define Hebraic leadership and what it means to you.

Dominique Hoffman
Participant

Perhaps one of the biggest takeaways from this course for me was the conviction of taking the hope I currently place in Washington D.C. and placing it on Jerusalem and the day of the New Jerusalem. Working in politics I often find it hard to not assemble into worldly ideological factions or place my hope in the policies around me. As we await the kingdom to come the Lord also calls us to roles of leadership, and for those of us who feel called to manage power to achieve proximate justice our roles in politics should be governed by an eternal and historic mindset discerning the Spirit in an attempt to manage and achieve peace in crisis. Working in government is essentially the job of managing crises with the objective of averting conflict if not to achieve peace. Understanding the bodily and spiritual factors involved in conflict domestically or internationally requires the Hebraic leader to understand that the decisions they make operate along a much longer history and time, rather than current space. The Hebraic map emphasizes history, viewing the world as a state of becoming and always moving forward. Politics is really all events moving towards the New Jerusalem. As a Christian leader it is my job to make decisions at forks in the road that discern history and the Word rather than relying on my own knowledge or intuition. I am drawn to this course because of the emphasis of hebric leadership in crisis. As a leader, I want to understand the two worlds I walk in and how this duality should inform my decision in political life. This question is a little tricky for me, working in international policy research, my neighborhood is international and vast. The work I am involved with is directly related to conflict and like Abrbaham I want to seek when to advise words and power. I believe the best way to be a Hebraic leader is to follow the five pillars outlined in this course, specifically the one tangible way I want to challenge myself to understand responsibility and be the living link between heaven and earth. In my line of work, I encounter people who do not love the Lord or view history in the same way I do. I want to see this as an opportunity and to fill in the gaps of where Hebreaic leadership is absent. It is my responsibility and understanding responsibility as I research and advise large cooperation and sovereign nations is one way I can exhibit Hebraic leadership.