- Pathfinder

Reply To: What are 3 tangible ways that you can personally improve your relationships with Christians from other traditions?

Kenneth C. Jackson
Participant

There are many ways in which I can personally improve my relationships with Christians from other traditions. However, three of the many ways are: 1) By living with that Christian groups from other traditions. By that, I mean, understanding their culture, belief and value system, and creating a sense of belonging with such people group. In short, I need to be enculturated. 2) By valuing their faith and traditions. In other words, being appreciative of their faith and traditions helps people of other faith open up to you – it creates an inroad to their faith which will give one a broader perspective. And 3) Listening plays a very key role if I should improve my relationships with other Christians. James 1:19 (ESV) says, “Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger.” Listening carefully to people makes them feel accepted and have some sense of belonging. In fact, this is one of the pillars on which an improved relationship is built.