- Pathfinder

Reply To: Did any of the similarities or differences between Christian and Jewish theology surprise you? If so, which/why?

Kenneth C. Jackson
Participant

Yes! I have always felt that since Jesus came from a Jewish descent, the Jews would automatically believe his Messiah-ship. With all that God is doing for the Jewish people to date but refusing to believe his Messiah-ship is surprising to me. No wonder why Jesus Christ suffered from this own people. His words is now sinking to my heart, ‘Now Jesus himself had pointed out that a prophet has no honor in his own country’ (John 4:44). Christ also said ‘no prophet is accepted in his home town’ (Luke 4:16-30), and ‘Only in his home town and in his own house is a prophet without honor’ (Matt. 13:54-57), and ‘Jesus left there and went to his home town…Isn’t this Mary’s son and the brother of James…Jesus said to them, “Only in his home town, among his relatives and in his own house is a prophet without honor.”…he was amazed at their lack of faith’ (Mark 6:1-6). Personally, as leader, I have suffered and continue suffer same. For me, it is a situation to be more focused in our leadership and service to our own people. In addition, and concerning “Human nature” when the Jews say that “human nature is do what God commands” is surprising also. This is where Christians differ. However, all of what I have read on the similarities and differences has helped me to see the two religions through the eyes of Jesus Christ!