- Pathfinder

Reply To: Why is it important for Christians to keep the sad history of Christian antisemitism in mind when responding to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict in the present?

Shawrath Anthony
Participant

I believe that is important to keep the sad history of the Christian anti-semitism in mind when responding to the Israeli – Palestinian conflict because it is necessary to remember history so that evil aspects of it can never be repeated again. Also the Bible says “people perish for lack of Knowledge” Hosea 4:6.

I believe that if we want to be ambassadors of peace and redemption then we need to understand where we are coming from, where we currently are and where we are going. I think it is really important for a hebraic leader to be firmly rooted in the truth and this means having full knowledge of the past. It is with this awareness of the past that we can move into the future with a distinct humility and fervent desire to see peace restored in the Middle East.

Therefore, to avoid the same mistakes of the past and to stray away from committing similar mistakes, we need to be aware of Christian antisemitism.