- Pathfinder

Reply To: Have you been exposed to harmful antisemitic tropes about Jewish control over finances or foreign policy? After participating in this course, how would you go about responding to these tropes if you encounter them?

Jordan Karausky
Participant

I appreciate your contribution Abigail. I like that you pointed out our responsibility to pay attention to the way the current media chooses to portray Israel’s actions. When I was musing to myself about how to formulate winsome responses, I kept picturing the conversation being one on one, but this is often not the case. Often times we have to respond to popular articles and news stories, which begs the question, how to we pay attention to the evolution of the situation while maintaining our ability to answer questions with evidence? It seems daunting if you find yourself on a campus like my alma mater, whose staunch support of Palestine is often confused with a staunch opposition to Israel. In any case I pray that we would be like Christ when we address these topics!

Thanks for the stimulating comment!