- Pathfinder

Reply To: What is one tangible way that you plan to exhibit Hebraic leadership in your own neighborhood after taking this course?

Conner Brew
Participant

I currently work at a local church as the Director of Development, responsible for ensuring that everyone in our church has access to the offerings that meet their needs and cultivate an atmosphere of discipleship. I also run a local community development nonprofit, where we work hard to connect the church directly to the people and communities of our city to provide necessary services, supplies, and support. I have always felt that an essential trait of leadership is taking someone somewhere they couldn’t get to on their own: leading them. The Hebraic principles of the Pathfinder leadership program nestle very nicely into that philosophy – to seek the Kingdom first (Matt 6) and to take my church and my community with me is my ultimate leadership goal. I want to work harder to approach my community with an eye on its deity, personality, history, plurality, and a sense of responsibility. Conducting ministry in Charlottesville, VA, tensions are nearly always high – we have a storied history of racial conflict, economic conflict, and spiritual conflict. The role of the church, and the Christian leader, is to plant itself like a tree by water in the midst of this crisis and lead toward the Kingdom. I plan to engage my city with that eye, to seek the Kingdom through service and coercive leadership, and to grow in my own faith while working to disciple others around me.