- Pathfinder

Reply To: Analyze one of the supplementary Bible passages in light of the course content. Do you see evidence of the Hebraic map? Did anything about the passage surprise you? Was there any part of the passage that stuck out to you in particular?

Sabrina Thomas
Participant

As I read this passage (Deuteronomy 4:1-49), I was reminded about how simple it is to follow G-d. Yet, it’s hard. He’s actually laid “the map” out for us.

I was reminded that if we are in relationship with Him, we have an inheritance. Obedience to His instructions allows us to possess our inheritance. The challenge, though, is that it’s actually complicated to take possession because of our fallen nature. Any challenges we face along the journey are not because of Him, but because of us. We’re the ones who struggle. We’re the ones who fail to endure. We’re the ones who choose to circumvent the guidance, thinking we know better or want an easier path

But He is merciful even then; He remains faithful, even when we are faithless. He knows our human frailty, our propensity toward deviation from His prescribed path. As a result, He has made the path such that we can always course correct and get back to the path, ultimately making it to our destination.