- Pathfinder

Reply To: Why is it important for Christians to keep the sad history of Christian antisemitism in mind when responding to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict in the present?

Mitchell Schwab
Participant

Ian,

I agree wholeheartedly. A quote comes to mind: “It is my conviction that the world needs, as it needs no other thing, the gospel of Jesus Christ, and the people of the world want what the gospel will give, but they do not realize it. They want the anchor which the gospel provides, which gives them the answers to the problems that face them; that brings them a feeling of security and a feeling of inner peace. The gospel is the only answer to the problems of the world, my brethren and sisters. Only the gospel will save the world from the calamity of its own self-destruction. Only the gospel will unite men of all races and nationalities in peace. Only the gospel will bring joy, happiness, and salvation to the human family.” US Secretary of Agriculture, Ezra Benson.

This may seem like a cop-out for just placing a quote for my response, but I have no better words. If there is conflict in the world, only Christ and his gospel can unite and heal the discord. Our attempt to cause harm or bring forth justice will not further the gospel message, it only hinders our own progression on the path to salvation.