- Pathfinder

Reply To: After taking this course, in your own words, please define Hebraic leadership and what it means to you.

Christina Sturgeon
Participant

A Hebraic leader goes on a journey of faith—of becoming—in response to the call of God. The act of doing so/navigating terrain while clinging to the Word of God as others follow your direction showcases the notion of Hebraic leadership.
I’ve always been intrigued with the notion of duality. In a very obvious way, as a “theater kid,” I inhabited two worlds at the same time: one where I’m Christina and another where I’m a character. But obviously, both worlds take place in the same time and space. When I think about my Christian walk, I’m sensitive to the spiritual realm while also being aware of a worldview that does not acknowledge that reality. Even an individual Christian experiences a duality—being torn between his/her flesh and spirit.
For me personally, I’m drawn to how Hebraic leadership can be manifested in statesmanship. Specifically, with my law background, I would be honored to serve in a diplomatic role in the future. A Hebraic leader thinks historically and can hold the tensions of a dynamic world, yet pursues existential hopes with an appreciation of proximate fulfillments until His coming again.