- Pathfinder

Reply To: What is one tangible way that you plan to exhibit Hebraic leadership in your own neighborhood after taking this course?

Christina Sturgeon
Participant

Hi Jacque! You’ve identified a hurt/ache and it brings me joy to know you’re trying to fill that void and be a balm in Louisville, KY. In seeking the welfare of the city, I pray others come to know the richness of community–esp one founded in God–and that everyone down here will not truly be satisfied until the return of the King. In college, I managed an art room at a local church that catered to a lot of Greenville, SC’s homeless population. There I learned the simplicity of working alongside and listening. At first I was self conscious of my background/what I had vs. what they didn’t, but that was hardly an obstacle because they just wanted to be truly seen as multi-faceted humans instead of just being passed by/seen as someone who just needs help. I think especially in the creative sphere, we tap into an often-neglected facet of who we’ve been made to be in God’s image: creators. More than just you, I’d be stoked to see how your Church body can help embrace their neighbors. God’s got this!