- Pathfinder

Reply To: After taking this course, in your own words, please define Hebraic leadership and what it means to you.

Denise DeVatt
Participant

Before this course I had very little understanding of Hebraic leadership but a very broad idea of what a leader should be, which as it turns out, is what Hebraic leadership is in my opinion. Leadership in general can often have a very negative connotation but I think Hebraic leadership changes that quite a bit. Hebraic leadership doesn’t focus specifically on “leading” or being the first one with the ideas or the person that everybody is required to respond to. A person who is a Hebraic leader will be one that listens to the others around them and takes their ideas and thoughts into consideration, sometimes without stating their own opinions. In my opinion, Hebraic leadership is not about amassing power or using that power over others or but instead, is about serving those that you work above, below, and alongside. It’s not about your position or title, but instead what you do with those things that you have earned.