- Pathfinder

Reply To: In the first lecture, Dr. McDermott teaches that the Bible is one story, and that God upholds his covenant with the Jewish people to this very day. Was this what you were taught growing up? If not, how will this insight change the way you read the bible going forward?

Michaela Todd
Participant

Hi Olivia, I appreciate your openness about what you were taught growing up. I agree with you that at times it can be confusing when we try to understand God’s covenant with the Jewish people, and the covenant that was extended to us through Christ. I at times think it makes sense, then at other times it’s like a rubix cube that can’t be solved no matter how hard you try to figure it out. From a spiritual point of view, I have to remind myself that we will never quite comprehend the complexity that is God, the Creator of the Universe, and the way He works. That’s where faith steps in, and I have faith that God loves all of his creation, and so should we. I also agree with you that through this course I’m definitely learning things that will push me to learn more, and deepen my relationship with Christ.