- Pathfinder

Reply To: After taking this course, in your own words, please define Hebraic leadership and what it means to you.

Michaela Todd
Participant

Hebraic leadership requires Christians to view the world the way Jesus does and challenges us to live a life based on how Jesus lived his life – which was rooted in preparing for the Kingdom of God and telling people about it. Discussing the fact that Jesus came to earth not to establish the new Kingdom of God, but to show the Way to enter it – which is only through Him – was a stark reminder. I think Christians today tend to only look at now and the future and forget the lessons of the past which Jesus himself drew his own teachings from. Breaking down the pillars of the Hebraic map (Deity, Personality, History, Responsibility) was both thought provoking yet familiar. I could see the traces of these in the Christian teachings I’ve received throughout my life, but I had never had it explained to me in this way. The session when Robert discussed how the physical coming of the Kingdom of God was also thought-provoking. I hadn’t thought about the idea of our dual citizenship as Christians, a physical one here on earth and a spiritual one in Heaven which is only received when one accepts Jesus as their Savior. In Hebraic leadership, we have a duty to serve the commandments of God and to follow the laws of the physical world on earth – but not at the expense of our covenant with God. Christians are called to be active in our communities and to lead the way Jesus did, and to do that we must fully understand the history which lead to Him being born and crucified for our sins so that we may enter the new Kingdom of God.