- Pathfinder

Reply To: What are some of the advantages and disadvantages of the use of UAV weaponry in the Near East? How do you think technological advancements will continue to shape warfare globally?

Gabriel Gonzalez
Participant

UAV tech I believed has weakened/strengthened US power in the Near East. In regards to weakening the constant usage of drones and targeting al Qaeda and other groups in the region. I believe has weakened the intelligence gathering of the US. Also killing innocent people in these strikes as weakened US winning over people in these areas of combat.
Secondly the advantages and strengthened has shown the enemies of US and others in the region that have the tech of UAV that your enemies can strike at any moment. Thus power can be exercised at moments leased expected by your adversaries and yourself.
It does change the game because drones are great for gathering intel and surprise attacks.
Lastly the Nuclear question in the Middle East/Near East. Nuclear Proliferation is the most technological advanment that worries me. If Iran goes nuclear, what is to stop Egypt, Turkey, other Gulf states and Saudi Arabia who financed Pakistan’s Nuclear program. Therefore this Near East issue of nuclear weapons becomes a global issue because of the Nuclear weapons becoming a nations defensive or offensive weapon.