- Pathfinder

Reply To: How can you work to combat antisemitism and supersessionism in your own Christian community?

Gabriel Gonzalez
Participant

I believe personally I can do a better job reaching out to thew Jewish community in the Bay Area.
The goal is to let the Jewish community know that a community or body of Christ wants to have a relationship with the local synagogue. I noticed that the modern church does not realize the spiritual connection they have with the Jewish people. The modern church can learn so much with spiritual metaphors, faith, culture and the modern state of Israel.

Secondly within the Christian community they need to see a connection between their faith and the Jewish people. What does that mean? To me it means that my faith, Jesus, walked and was born in Israel/Near East.
Therefore the modern church needs to see that all roads lead to Jerusalem, and that “no one just visits Jerusalem but returns”.
I truly believe that the church needs to stay connected and support the Jewish people wherever on the planet and to support Israel.
Anti-Semitism and suppressionism in the church come from the lack of understanding the churches roots that come from Judaism.
Lastly my goal as a leader is to encourage the body of Christ to learn more about Judaism, Isreal, Near East, languages of the region, and cultures. I believe this is the way to combat within the church any form of anti Jewish sentiment and any type of thought that neglects the role and acceptance of the Jewish people in the time we live in.