- Pathfinder

Reply To: After taking this course, in your own words, please define Hebraic leadership and what it means to you.

Patrick Bereit
Participant

Hebraic leadership is rooted in service, humility, and a firm foundation in the Truth of our Faith. My view has developed from this course, regarding how we ought to see the Kingdom of God not simply as a metaphor, but as something concrete, just as the early Christians did. Hebraic leadership can take various forms depending on a person’s vocation in life. For example, the way a stay-at-home mother exemplifies Hebraic leadership will have differences from that of a politician. Yet, they all are rooted in the Truth of the Gospel and an understanding of the five pillars of the Hebraic tradition. To me, this requires a greater sense of responsibility of how I lead through example and urgency in evangelization. As the course taught, Hebraic leadership must begin right where we are, in our homes and neighborhoods. To be a Hebraic leader is to be amidst the world, engaging with what physically surrounds us, with eyes set on the destination of the Kingdom of God.