- Pathfinder

Reply To: After taking this course, in your own words, please define Hebraic leadership and what it means to you.

Olivia Layne
Participant

Before taking this course my understanding of Hebraic leadership was almost non-existent. I had been familiarized with Hebraic thought (regarding common fallacies made by Western interpretations of Scripture), but hadn’t been exposed to Hebraic leadership. The most impactful thing that I learned in this course is how Hebraic leaders wield power and Spirit in exile. Hebraic leadership is not frail or laid back, rather it is actionable and tangible. It celebrates personality and diversity while seeking to engage conflict with a nuanced perspective. Hebraic leadership promotes individual and collective engagement with difficult subjects, with the ultimate goal of seeking the Kingdom of God, which makes it unique from other forms of leadership. The Hebraic leader always has the Kingdom of God at the forefront of their minds, never as an afterthought. With the Kingdom of God in mind, the Hebraic leader remains humble and can take responsibility wherever it’s needed.