- Pathfinder

Reply To: Why is it important for Christians to keep the sad history of Christian antisemitism in mind when responding to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict in the present?

Elise Van Hierden
Participant

Hello Dominic,

Thank you for sharing how the course influenced how you view anti-semitism and the Palestinian-Israeli conflict. I had a similar experience to you in that I had not thought about the role of Christianity in the conflict until I had gone through this course. It’s easy to blame conflicts on different nations and people groups, but much harder to realize that your religion also was central in creating the problem. I also liked what you said about how considering the Israeli-Palestinian conflict makes us more aware of how our actions can affect and have an influence on situations that we’re not even directly a part of. Having that kind of view forces one to take responsibility for every action, rather than merely blame it on someone else. For us as Christians, it forces us to take responsibility of our part in the conflict rather than just blaming the Jews for all the Problems in Palestine.