- Pathfinder

Reply To: In your opinion, why is it important for Christians to stand up for religious freedom for people of all faiths, and not just our own?

John Ryan Rodriguez
Participant

As a Christian in the United States, it has been a part of my upbringing to worship without restriction. As we have seen over years, faith communities across the globe have been targeted by their governing state for simply being a practicing member of their faith community. The end result has been the wrongful, countless deaths of individuals who, whom under Judeo-Christian faiths are believed to be made in the image of God. To deny others of their ability to worship is hypocritically and unneighborly under the values that so many Christians and Jews are brought up with. Though some individuals targeted in this question may not have the same belief or practices that I do, I believe it is important to stand up for their right to peace and salvation. If world religions fail to do so, then there could potentially be the elimination of all of them, collectively.