- Pathfinder

Reply To: After taking this course, in your own words, please define Hebraic leadership and what it means to you.

John Ryan Rodriguez
Participant

Prior to taking this course, my understanding of Hebraic tradition and leadership was limited to the culture and language shared in Jewish communities in the Near East, and other parts of the world. In other words, it was topical and stopped at the root word – Hebrew. Now, my belief is that Hebraic leadership revolves around the values taught in Abrahamic faith communities; predominately, the Judeo-Christian groups. As a Catholic, I have always understood that the root of my faith is closely tied to that of my Jewish friends. That’s why I felt comfortable joining extracurricular leadership teams when I knew we were going to take it together. It was hard to describe why outside of knowing our friendship and opportunities just felt “right”. The content covered in this course gave light to what values we share and prioritize. Now, I can find other ways t build on my relationships with others that share common values with me.