- Pathfinder

Reply To: What are 3 tangible ways that you can personally improve your relationships with Christians from other traditions?

Mary Schulten
Participant

I think that there are many ways to improve my relationships with Christians from other traditions. First of all, by leaving my preconceived notions and biases about other denominations at the door. When meeting with Christians from other traditions or visiting other churches, it’s important to show up with a clear mind and an open heart. I personally come from a tradition that is often misunderstood, and I can’t explain how much it means to me when another Christian earnestly wants to hear about my faith and recognizes my heart for God. I try my best to extend that same grace to others. While it’s important to learn from each other, we must ensure that each denomination is able to firming draw a line around their own doctrines. Blurred lines often lead to confusion and weak theology that in turn leaves the congregation feeling as though they can pick and choose what works for them.