- Pathfinder

Reply To: What are 3 tangible ways that you can personally improve your relationships with Christians from other traditions?

Kyle Hansen
Participant

I think it starts with asking questions in dialogue and relationship with people. From there, one can learn about peoples’ religious backgrounds and how they practice their faith tradition. Secondly, attending their church worship services and learning what certain traditions mean to them. Thirdly, through reflection, study, and conversation, learn the differences and similarities between one’s own faith practice and theirs. Working to understand the framework through which other Christians evaluate truths and practice, and how they view other religious traditions is helpful to see things through their perspectives and how they might interact with others. There is a lot of religious diversity in the DC area, providing opportunities to engage with communities that may have emigrated here, or been in the area for a long time. While I am regularly involved in my own church’s worship services, there are likely opportunities to learn more about other Christian churches through mid-week services. Additionally, there are some monasteries or Basilicas in driving distance.