- Pathfinder

Reply To: In the first lecture, Dr. McDermott teaches that the Bible is one story, and that God upholds his covenant with the Jewish people to this very day. Was this what you were taught growing up? If not, how will this insight change the way you read the bible going forward?

Connie Hammond
Participant

I am blessed to have learned more about the depths of God keeping His covenants to the Jewish people in my adulthood. I had heard about God keeping His covenants with believers growing up, but my understanding of God’s covenant-keeping power was taken to a new level when I learned more deeply about God keeping His covenant to Israel and the Jews. This insight has impacted my view of God’s faithfulness and the infallibility of His Word. God is to be trusted and He truly does keep His covenant to a thousand generations. That truth hits differently when you understand the beautiful narrative of God’s love and covenant for His chosen, Jewish people. As believers in Jesus, we were grafted into the covenant, but the Jewish people are the original people God made this covenant with and God intends to keep this covenant. I enjoy watching the Jews return to the land of Israel and God using the storyline for His purposes to show that He does keep His covenants.