- Pathfinder

Reply To: In your opinion, why is it important for Christians to stand up for religious freedom for people of all faiths, and not just our own?

Connie Hammond
Participant

In my opinion, it is important for Christians to stand up for religious freedom for people of all faiths, and not just my own because God gives humans free will to choose Him. Thankfully, we in the United States do not have a state sponsored religion. We are given the opportunity to choose our own faith and worship God as we would like. When the state starts mandating how we should worship God or which religion we should be, that can turn into not freely choosing our faith, but being coerced into a faith tradition. When we are coerced or forced to believe something, it often does not mean as much to us because it was not as freely chosen. I want people to have the opportunity to choose what they believe and who they follow. When people are forced to be Muslim in a Muslim country, it often does not mean as much to them as if they chose it for themselves. I think freedom of religion is valuable and gives people the freedom to believe what they want to believe.