- Pathfinder

Reply To: What are some of the issues with which we, as Christians, can find common ground with Muslims? How can we engage and unite on those issues?

Cristina Varela
Participant

I think the most obvious answer is that we’re both monotheistic religions. Though they view God as a master and we view Him as a Father, we can use the Abrahamic religion lens as a starting block for fruitful dialogue, especially when more and more people are identifying as having no religion at all.

Politically, we can definitely find a lot of common ground with Muslims regarding social issues of the day, ie. Aborton and same-sex marriage. Both faith traditions are called to be counter cultural, at least if they’re based in the United States and may be ostracized for those more “traditional beliefs”.

Personally, I have a few friends from college that are Muslim that I greatly admire. I think asking genuine questions with no malice and as little bias as we can muster is our main tool. I think that’s typically the first step in mobilizing and uniting.