- Pathfinder

Reply To: What is one tangible way that you plan to exhibit Hebraic leadership in your own neighborhood after taking this course?

Heather Lopez
Participant

As an individual who is deeply interested in the conflicts in the Near East and in the country of Israel in general (hence me participating in this course), I valued Dr. Nicholson’s focus being a Hebraic leader within your own community before attempting to be a Hebraic leader in a community you are essentially unconnected to, such as the Near East. The Christian is not intended to go through life on their own, but rather in community. If we are failing to build and participate in this community where we live, we will inevitably fail to build and grow community in another environment. In the coming weeks, I plan to intentionally interact with my own community in a way that helps both myself and the community itself grow. A few examples I came up with are attending a local Christian college group; finding opportunities to share both about Israel and how God has been working in my life through this course; and participating in interfaith events where I can build relationships with people from different backgrounds.